Few things ruin a nice dinner out like a visibly dirty dish. A long wait because the dishwasher’s backed up comes close. While no one chooses a restaurant or café with their dishwasher in mind, it actually plays a pretty big role in the kind of experience a patron will have. Trying to skimp on buying a good commercial dishwasher for your establishment could come back to bite you.
A quality commercial dishwasher should achieve a few key things that make your life easier:
- It should be easy to use so your staff don’t have issues or require complicated training to figure it out.
- It should work fast enough that your kitchen never has to wait on a clean dish in order to get food out to your customers.
- It should meet all sanitary requirements so you don’t risk a health code violation.
- It should get your dishes clean enough that no patron will feel they’re eating off something that’s less than pristine.
If you can find one that does all that without making too much noise or using too much energy, then you’ve pretty much hit the jackpot.
Whatever commercial dishwasher you buy has to manage the basics, but what’s required to manage the basics will vary for different commercial kitchens and some models can provide extra benefits beyond just the things you need it to do. If it’s time to buy a new commercial dishwasher for your kitchen, here are the main things you should know to ensure you find the best one for you.
Types of Commercial Dishwashers
Commercial dishwashers fall into four main types of categories. Figuring out which type will work best for you is essential to getting the best dishwasher possible. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of each type.
1. Undercounter Commercial Dishwasher
The flip-side to the space savings, as you would guess, is that these dishwashers don’t hold the same quantity of dishes as some of the larger types available for commercial use. If you run a high-capacity commercial kitchen that needs clean dishes quickly, an undercounter dishwasher may end up slowing things down.Undercounter commercial dishwashers are the best choice for bars, coffee shops, or smaller restaurants that don’t have much space to give to a dishwasher.
Undercounter models are like the stepping-stone between residential dishwashers and commercial ones. They sometimes look similar to residential dishwashers and offer similar features, but they can work faster and hold more dishes than machines made for home kitchens.
- Don’t take up much space.
- Easy to install & allows counter space on top.
- Most affordable type of commercial dishwasher.
To Keep in Mind:
- Only fits a limited number of dishes.